Seresto cat collar reviews are everywhere but what is the real deal with this flea collar? Can this truly help your feline be free from pesky fleas? Here are some of the basic details about the collar and what it can do for you and your pet.
Choosing the Best Flea Control System
Fleas happen to be one of the most common problems for pets. This is one of the major reasons why you need to know the best criteria when looking for a flea control collar. Among the biggest considerations that you need to have is the following:
- Safety: When it comes to felines, safety should be your top priority. It would be counterproductive to look for a collar that will put your pets at risk. Getting rid of fleas is a major health concern and the last thing you want is for your beloved pets to be harmed with your choice of flea control.
- Convenience: This may not be one of the top things that pet owners are looking for when they are trying to address their cat’s flea problems but this is a real issue. If you find it difficult to use any kind of flea control system, then you are in big trouble. Convenience should be one of your top considerations.
- Effectiveness: If you have fleas to deal with, you want the issue to be addressed and you want to do it right away. Fleas are no laughing manner whether it pertains to cats or to dogs. You need a product that will get rid of all those pests without harming your pet.
Seresto Cat Collar
Bayer Seresto Flea and Tick Collar (Via Amazon.com)
Coming from Bayer, this flea cat collar is one of the quickest solutions to flea problems. To those who are not too familiar with this product, here are some of the pros and cons.
- Lasts for a long time
- Safe and easy to use
- Not too useful in animals with thick coats
- Should not be exposed to water all the time
- Only effective when worn
Features of Seresto Cat Collar
1. Lasts up to eight months
If convenience is your main criteria when looking for a flea control system, Seresto cat collar should be one of the items on your list. All you need to do is allow your cat to use their collar and you are good to go. Compared to other flea control systems, you do not have to replace this collar all the time.
This cat collar became quite popular since it lasts for a long time. Eight months of protection is a big deal considering the amount that you would have to spend to get the fleas under control if you decide to choose another flea control method.
2. Safe for cats
This collar has been tested repeatedly to make sure that it will not cause any kind of harm to you and your pets. The product releases the active ingredients slowly and the low doses can ensure that they are not toxic to your pets. This is also one way to ensure that the doses are well within the safety margins.
Aside from the ingredients in this collar, there is also a ratchet-release mechanism that could help you make sure that your feline will not be strangled by the flea collar. This collar has a breaking point and if it becomes too constricting, you can break the collar apart. This collar is so safe that it can be used in kittens that are as young as 10 weeks old.
3. Kills and repels flea and ticks
When your kitty has a flea problem, you want to make sure that all those pesky insects are dead. On top of that, you also need to be sure that they will not reappear to give you and your cat another nightmare. This happens to be one of the reasons why this flea control system is one of the most popular flea control solutions.
This collar is not just great for squashing fleas. It can also prevent them from growing in number.
By killing those fleas and preventing them from infecting your feline further, it would be easier to be free from the nightmare and help your cat recover from the flea infestation quickly.
One observable feature of this collar is that it is water-resistant. This means that you do not need to remove this collar even if you want to bathe your cat.
Since the ingredients are sealed inside the collar, you do not have to worry that it will leak and cause harm to your feline.
General Reaction to Seresto Cat Collar
There are mixed reactions for this cat collar. Some people saw immediate changes in their dogs and cats although there are others who complained that there has been no significant change over time.
Another notable comment is that there are animals that are allergic to this collar so it is important to familiarize yourself with your pet’s allergies before using this.
Related: How to get rid of worms in cats
Cat flea is a huge issue that you need to address right away. Fortunately, there are many solutions to your problems and one of the most effective ways to address the issue is buying a cat flea collar. Seresto cat collar reviews can help you decide is this is the best choice for your beloved felines.